Trip Route: Syabrubesi - Gatlang - Tatopani - Briddim - Syabrubesi
- Tamang culture, tradition, and lifestyle exploration in the lower Langtang region.
- Magnificent view of landscapes and nature throughout the trail.
- Views of Langtang and Ganesh Mountain range alongside other subranges
- Different sub-tropical vegetation and rare wildlife seeing adventure.
- Beautiful sunrise and sunsets from most promising Natural viewpoints in the earth.
- Experiencing some of the local cuisine and organic delicacies.
- Authentic trekking experience with overnights in Teahouses and homestays.
- Picturesque Views that surrounds you throughout the trail.
Tamang Heritage Trek is one of the unique short treks giving you the best sides of Tamang Culture, landscape views, and nature in the lower Langtang Region of Nepal. This trek is perfect for family vacation enjoying the true beauty of Nepal, avoiding hard walks in higher elevation. Completed in a shorter period, this trek offers you some of the very best destinations of lower Himalayas. Walking in the everyday trail of the local people, we can peek into their culture, tradition, and the overall art of living in these areas of the Tamang people here.
This amazing trek of 11 days commences from the heritage tour of the UNESCO sites in Kathmandu. We will take an adventure-packed ride to the village of Syabrubensi and begin a circuit of the villages constituting the trek. Passing by the village monasteries, Chortens, mani walls, and the closely situated stone patched houses, one can discover the history, life stories, and legends of the people here. With the vies of Langtang and Ganesh Himal waking you every day, the beautiful vegetation and rhododendron patches embraces you throughout the trail. Avoiding heavy monsoon and muddy trails, we can do the Tamang Heritage trek any time of a year with Himalayan Pic Du Midi.
Day 01: Arrival at TIA Kathmandu & Transfer to Hotel
Day 02: Kathmandu Heritage Tour
Day 03: Drive to Syabrubesi (1460 m)
Day 04: Syabrubesi to Gatlang (2,200 m)
Day 05: Gatlang to Tatopani (2607 m)
Day 06: Tatopani to Thuman (2,400 m) via Brimdang and Nagthali
Day 07: Thuman to Briddim (2,345 m)
Day 08: Briddim to Sybrubensi
Day 09: Drive back to Kathmandu
Day 10: Bhaktapur Cultural Tour
Day 11: Departure
Day to Day Itinerary
You will meet and introduce to our representative from Himalayan Pic Du Midi today after your arrival in TIA, Kathmandu. He/ She will approach you in the arrival section with a placard with your name. After some formal welcoming, you will head towards your hotel in Thamel, Kathmandu. Freshen up, and after some snacks, we will do a quick orientation session about the Tamang Heritage Trek in our office. Here you will also meet your guide for the journey. After that, you will be transferred back to your hotel. In the evening, you can wander around the sites nearby and peek into the Newari culture. Overnight at a hotel in Kathmandu.
After a quick breakfast, you will head towards a culture-packed tour of the Kathmandu valley. Our first site for today is the Basantapur Durbar square. The palace lies near your hotel and was the royal palace of former Malla kings of the valley. After a brief tour of the palace, head towards the Buddhist shrine of Swyambhunath. This stupa complex provides a great view of Kathmandu valley. Swyambhunath or “The Monkey Temple," because of the abundance of monkeys habituating the hill is one of the oldest temples in Nepal. After that, we will head towards the Hindu shrine of Pashupatinath, and the Tibetan styled Stupa of Boudhanath in quick succession. Return to your hotel and prepare for the trek with the aid of your guide. You can get all the necessary gears and equipment for this trek in Thamel. Rest and prepare to leave Kathmandu early tomorrow. Overnight at a hotel in Kathmandu.
After breakfast, we will take a local bus (optional jeep and car) to Syabru Bensi today. The ride is on a hill highway and the second half of the trek is a bit off-road. You can have an astonishing hill view beside the Trishuli River, and the windy sections make the ride thrilling. After reaching Syabru Bensi, we will head towards the hotel and rest for the day there. Overnight at Syabrubesi.
We will begin the walking section of the Tamang Heritage Tour today from Syabrubesi. After our breakfast, we will hike to the village of Golijung. The views of Ganesh Himal and Shishapangma are pristine from this section of our trek. Taking a brief break here, we will continue our trek to our destination village, Gatlang. Gatlang is a small hillside Tamang village with stone patched houses compactly located near each other. We can view the hill farmlands below the village. Overnight at a lodge in Gatlang.
We will start our trek of today with a quick descent to the Thangbuche village. The early morning view of Ganesh and Langtang Lirung mountains is one to remember during the walk. From here we will pass by the Chilime Hydropower Dam which is one of the major projects of the region. After a brief break, we will continue our walk to the Tatopani village. Translated as 'Hot Water' in Nepali, the village is had natural hot water springs before the earthquake of 2015. We will rest for the day here and enjoy the sunset. Overnight at a lodge in Tatopani.
We will trek to the village of Brimdang after our breakfast in Tatopani today. The trail is through a thick pine forest with rhododendron patches to Brimdang, a small and lively Tamang settlement. We will take a brief break here and start our uphill hike to the Nagthali Hill. From the top, we can have a beautiful view of Langtang Lirung, Sanjen, Kerung, and Ganesh Himal. We will then start the downhill trek to Thuman Village. Overnight at a lodge in Thuman.
We will start our trek to the Briddim village today via Lingling. After walking for a couple of hours in the trail beside a ridge, we will reach Lingling. From here we will have a scenic trail with occasional small forest to the Briddim village. Located in the base of the Langtang Himal, Briddim is one of the prominent settlements in the area. The face of Langtang lights up the village, and we can have a picturesque view of terraced farmlands below this Buddhist Tamang village. We can visit the Dukchu Gomba Monastery here and rest for the day. Overnight at a lodge in Briddim.
We will take a short village tour of Briddim before starting our trek back to Syabrubesi. Our trail in the last trekking portion of the tour is mostly downhill through pine and rhododendron forest. We can take brief stops in small settlements throughout the path and reach Wagal. We will have our lunch here viewing the glorious mountains and continue our trek to Syabrubensi. Overnight at a lodge in Syabrubesi.
After our breakfast today, we will take a bus heading back to the Kathmandu Valley. Stopping at some major settlements, we will have our lunch midway at one of them. The drive beside the Trishuli River in a hill highway will take us back to the valley in the late afternoon. We will head straight at our hotel, and you can go for an evening walk in the nearby markets here. Overnight at a hotel in Kathmandu.
After your breakfast today, we will drive to the city of Bhaktapur. Bhaktapur is only about 45 minutes’ drive from your hotel. The first site of today will be the Historical Bhaktapur durbar (palace) square. The Palace was the ruling palace of Malla Kings before Kathmandu city. The golden gate temple, Palace of Fifty-five windows, and the Nyatapola temple square are some of the major attractions in and around the Palace. You can visit the painting schools here, view the Thangkas, and artforms around this fantastic city. You can taste the local Newari cuisine and the famous king curd (Juju Dhau) in Bhaktapur. Return to your hotel and stroll around Thamel in your evening today. Overnight at Kathmandu.
Your last day in Nepal will be full of joy and happiness as you look back to the achievements of your Tamang Heritage trek in Nepal. We will have a parting breakfast with our crew and staffs, suggestions, feedbacks, and experience collection. In some of your spare time seek for some organic goods and products that you can take back home. We will transfer you to the Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) a couple of hours before your flight. We will follow up with your suggestions and push forward for even better services in the coming days.
- Four-nights Hotel in Kathmandu with B/B basis
- Teahouse Accommodation while on the trek
- Welcome and farewell dinner at Nepali Kitchen
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner and tea/coffee) while on the trek
- Airport pick-ups and drops in a private vehicle
- All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary
- Full day sightseeing in Kathmandu/entrance fee
- All necessary paperwork and Langtang National Park/TIMS
- Professional & government licensed holder English Speaking Trekking Guide
- Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, food, Transportation and accommodation
- Warm clothing and other required trekking gear for staff including porters woolen hat, gloves, shocks, shoes & sunglasses etc…
- Trekking Map
- Medicine Box for Guide/Porters
- All government and local taxes
- International Airfare and Nepal Visa fee
- Travel & Health Insurance
- Emergency Helicopter Rescue Insurance
- Lunch & Dinner in Kathmandu
- Any Alcoholic Drinks, Water and deserts in Trek
- Hot shower, Battery Charges, International call,WIFI & internet on Trek
- Unforeseen Cost such as flight cancellation
- Tips for guides and porters
* Your big Luggage should be 12 kg each without your Carry bag (small bag). You have to carry 4/5 kg with a small bag during you walking on the Trekking. Your small bag should be over 30 to 40L.
* You have to bring personal medicine box for the mountain. You have to good physical condition is necessary to travel in Nepal. It is recommended to go to doctor for a checkup before coming to Nepal.